Thursday, December 22, 2011

From Scratch


The holidays are here and a new year is approaching.  This is a time to reflect on the past, face the future and appreciate all the blessings life has served up in a year.  


It's not an easy task, amid the hustle and frenzy, to be truly appreciative and joyful.  Children have it easiest this time of year.  They're allowed, even encouraged, to feel it genuinely.


My life, this year, marks a stop in the road, a landmark - if you will.  Starting over from scratch is no easy task, and yet I've been happy, grateful and positive about it from day one.  

God didn't shut the door and open a window, he shut a window and opened a hundred doors.  

All this hard work is shaping me into a person I can face in the mirror.  I stand back and honestly admit that I am better off at rock bottom than I was at the highest point with "him".  



I could not be more grateful for the lemons life handed me!

I am starting from scratch.  



I could not be more blessed in this fact.


1 comment: