Friday, January 6, 2012

Drive

I don't know how tomorrow will end, but I am excited to face it head on! I am learning to embrace the power I have to make the changes in my life happen.  I sometimes need to remind myself that I am the one in the driver's seat.  


I have spent the last few months taking on new challenges, meeting new people, making a few new friends and building a life of my own with one new experience at a time.  I realized that God didn't shut a door and open a window, he shut a window and opened a hundred doors.  Every person I've talked with recently has heard me say it.  I am embracing that with everything in me.  Every day is a chance to try something new!
  

Last week I was invited to go 4 wheeling with a crowd of people almost 50 strong!  I thought to myself 'Now that's something I have never done before'.  It's completely different from the kinds of invitations I normally encounter and I am really excited about that.  In the past I would have declined.  I admit it took me several days to realize how important it was to me that I accept the invite and so I quickly arranged to co-op some babysitting with a good friend.


Tomorrow I will walk through one of those "hundred doors".  I am nervous and excited and grateful for the whole opportunity to participate. Most of all I am looking forward to the adrenaline rush that comes with trying new things. 


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the new experience Nadine!!! Sounds like a great day

    ReplyDelete