Sunday, January 15, 2012

Just say "Yes"

I grew up in a sheltered little box.  I am not ashamed of that, but it is the truth.  I loved the security that came from always knowing exactly what to expect from life.  I was comfortable for a long time.  There were things I never tried; things I never cared to experience.  I wasn't missing out on things I knew nothing of...






That's all over now.  



I moved to this little mountain town a couple years ago and until six months ago, I only left my house to go to the library and the grocery store.  I had no idea what I was missing.  This place has so much more to live for than I ever dreamed possible.   It wasn't until recently that I decided to try new things as often as possible.  At the time, I had no idea what I was in for.





Now, when someone suggests I should try something new I jump at the chance.  I find a way to say "Yes".  I've broken out of my shell and am living as hard as I can, while I can.  I had this crazy idea that I had to wait until all my kids were in college to start living for me.  I was so far from right, it's a shame.  I can live for them and for me.  It's a simple matter of working that balance.


I am grateful for every new opportunity that's come along.  Sure, it's a little scary to just say yes and run with it... but it's equally exhilarating too.  So to the future for my life, now I say ... BRING IT ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment