Thursday, November 3, 2011

TIGF




My cousin has inspired me, and after the day I had today I cannot ignore the desire to just sit back and really appreciate all the things I am grateful for.  It's a much easier list to deal with than the things I'm upset about.  And to be honest, these days positive thinking really does make everything better.  Even the really challenging things.  So here goes!




1) Text messages.
They brighten my day!  Every single one of them makes me feel good!  I almost do a happy dance before I read them.  I admit it.  I am a text message addict.  I am glad they are unlimited!






2) A warm coat.
It's about as cold as I can handle outside and I actually leave the house now.  A warm coat is necessary and I'm so lucky to have one that keeps me warm.  I will never wear four sweaters at once again!

3) My sister.
If it weren't for her, I would have to be the republican in the family!  Seriously though, she also happens to be a pretty great role model.  I have looked up to her, despite being the oldest, for more years than I care to count.  She pretty much rocks at everything!




4) Tickle FIGGGGHT!
There is no better way to start the day, or end it.  We don't limit ourselves.  Anytime is a good time for an all out fit of the giggles.  We do it whenever the mood strikes.  I love that about my life.





5) Friends.
New friends.  Old friends.  Far away friends.  It's love.  What else can I say?

6) My family.
No, not the kids plus me.  (Well, yes, actually - them too!)  I'm grateful for the whole entire crew!  If it weren't for Facebook I might not see them as often... but that's OK.  I'll take them all however I can get them.

7) HelnGonz.
My dad used to be the coolest guy on earth.  Then he met the coolest chick on earth and now they're the coolest people alive!  Seriously folks, they're so cool they got married at Burning Man, that's cooler than being married by Elvis in Vegas.  Trust me!  Just look at their name.  If you haven't met HelnGonz you are missing out!



8) Tom Petty and Jimi Hendrix!
Day in, day out, since the beginning of time, those dudes have been rocking my house.  I could be on the floor in tears, and then snap out of it instantly with some truly amazing music!  Those two have been lifting my spirits forever.  Seriously.  I mean that.





9) Kisses.
Who doesn't like them?  I get them four times as often as anyone else I know!  Sure, they come with all kinds of sticky fingers and pancake slobber, but those are the greatest!  They would come right after tickle fights if I had to rank these in some kind of preferential order!  Kisses.  Can't live without them.



10) My kids.
They make me Craisy.  They make me smile.  They make my whole entire world better.  These Littles have my heart; my everything.  They are my sun!  I am their sun!  It works.  I have nothing but love for these guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment