Friday, November 4, 2011

When It Rains, It Snows!


I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again.
-Gene Kelly


In movies rain is often a sign that the characters are in some kind of transition... 
and it appears rain works that way in real life too!  











My whole life is truly in the midst of transition.  Sure, everything changed a few months ago, but it is the work that I put into my life now that causes the transition to actual real change.  Yesterday was tough because I dealt with difficult negotiations from dawn until dusk.  In the end, everything worked out beautifully - but it wasn't without a whole lot of effort.  I tried to maintain a positive attitude when all I wanted to maintain was a flying fist.   

Today, in the true spirit of a fresh start, the rain washed away all the negativity.  It was a welcome cleansing of bad energy.  And then the rain turned to snow.  It didn't stick to the ground long or leave us with a blissfully quiet white blanket, but it sparkled and fell so gracefully to the ground.  Snow is peaceful; I found peace in my decisions today.  I was able to look back on yesterday, kiss it goodbye, and breathe new life into the work today.

Next week begins a new chapter for us.    My boys will be in preschool and I will join the workforce again for the first time in nearly 8 years.  Being a stay at home mom was a joyful experience I would not trade back, but I am grateful for this new opportunity.  It will take me where I am most certainly headed. 



Hope!    Prosperity!    Joy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment